Halifax is on the east coast of Canada and is served by the Stanfield International Airport (YHZ). Halifax can be conveniently accessed by a number of direct flights from the USA and Europe, as well as frequent connections through major Canadian airports such as Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
Note that air travelers to Canada who do not require a visa are still required to complete an online Electronic Travel Authorization.
To determine if you require a visa, you can consult the list of countries on the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website.
The following is a list of some international cities with direct connections to Halifax during the conference period. As schedules are subject to change, you should check with the airlines. More complete information is also available on the Halifax Airport website.
- London, England (Air Canada)
- Glasgow, Scotland (WestJet)
- Frankfurt, Germany (Condor Airlines)
- Rekjavik, Iceland (Icelandair) (many European connections)
- Boston, MA, USA (Air Canada, Westjet)
- Newark, NJ, USA (United Airlines)
- New York, NY, USA (Delta Airlines)